SHIFTED 搬家哦~

From Xanga to Blogspot!

Saturday, May 30, 2009

"DIY" Lash Extension

Updates: Click here for another post of my DIY lash extension.

If you are lazy to put on fake lashes every time or layers of mascara, lash extension is definitely a great friend of yours to make your eyes look awesome.

This was done by Vivian in January.


I happened to see Madame Madeline's site and realized that it's possible to do a semi-permanent lash extension myself.
Unless you want it to be done perfectly nice, just find a professional one.
I just want to try it out myself. (im not so picky)

I went to nearby local drugstore to get ARDELL Duralash in Flare Medium Black, Lashfree Remover and Lashtite Adhesive in Dark. Total costs damage? Around $25.
A nice lash extension service costs from $60 to $120 and if you dislike it, you will have to pay another $10 to $20 for removal service. They have top quality lashes from Japan, Korea and Taiwan. Everything is about money.
Also, a good lash extension done by the professional using top grade medical adhesive can last up to 3 months with your proper care too. Yes, you need to have "perseverance" proper care.
Sounds like a big deal!



As a first timer, I did not expect it to be nice or simple. Just treating it a trial.
I prepared my own tweezers and a plastic card for the adhesive. (put a drop of adhesive on it)
I used this video below as a tutorial guide. It was a wonderful help!

http://www.youtube.com/v/HVia-ue5Nfk

The whole procedure was not really hard and not much hassle. Just about 10-12 individual lashes for each eye should be enough.
SEE BELOW! A natural looking 10mm lashes (about 10 individual lashes)




The adhesive and lashes are durable to last up to 4-6 weeks.
Though they are waterproof, adhesive weakens if contact with oily substances.
It is normal if your lashes come off after a while as lashes shed every 2 to 6 weeks (found it somewhere on the web)
Practice makes perfect, you may need to try a few times to get used to it.

Now, say bye to my mascara.

Never knew doing eyelash extension could be easy.

ps. i'm so vain!

No comments: